Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Big Change for a Small Blog

.
Hi, everyone.  I've decided to change the frequency with which my blog appears.  I'll be downsizing from three postings a week to two.

I've been blogging three times a week from August 13 of last year, and since the beginning the purpose of the blog has explicitly been to promote my (wonderful! fabulous! runcible!) fantasy novel The Dragons of Babel.  In all that time, I think I've only outright missed one post.  That's 162 posts, including this one.

Back this spring, I asked my editor, David Hartwell, when the publicity cycle for the hardcover would end.  (For reasons that I'm sure he could explain to me, the paperback reprint doesn't go through its own promotional cycle.)  He told me it would end in early June.

I put off downsizing the blog because new things kept happening.  Until this week.  I got up today and discovered that I had no news to pass along to you.  None whatsoever.  Zip.  So it's time.

I'll be posting twice weekly from now on, until I have a new book to promote, at which point I'll shift the whole thing over to another blog, since "Flogging Babel" doesn't adequately describe the novel in progress.  (Actually, it sounds a lot like a B&D blog -- and don't think I'm not grateful to y'all for refrraining from pointing that out.)

Anyway, starting next week I'll be posting on Mondays and Fridays.  Unless, of course, there's a massive upswelling for different times of the week.

And, um, well, as R. A. Lafferty once said, "That's all I had to say."


And as always . . .

Pastor Marcia's Journal and the Poem du Jour have been updated.  Enjoy!


*

No comments: