Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 19

.


November 17, 2008

First a list of things to do and then . . .

I remember this.  I must have been reading something about the Dadaists because I determined to write extempore a nonsense poem in the form of a list.  As best I can reconstruct it:

1)  sun cros[s?]
2) [two arches]
3)  urh green angel
4)  orc
5)  [three arches] /"Hush"
6)  [picture of a house]
7)  sorrow in chains
8)  pleasant graveyard
9)  dark angel
10)  fireplace
11)  other dark angel
12)  bright angel

There never was any chance that something derived from this would get published.  I did it for the pleasure of the art and for what I might learn from it alone.

In item 7, "urh" might be the word "orc" crossed out so it could be placed one item deeper in the list.


*

No comments: