Friday, September 21, 2012

Hwaet!

.



I took on an unpaid writing chore (which I'll tell you about when it comes to fruition) that has a short deadline and requires a lot of work from me.  So I almost forgot to blog today.

But I didn't.  Her, above, is Benjamin Bagbey in all his glory!  Bagbey specializes in the recreation of dead art forms.  Years ago I saw an ad for a show of Beowulf and went, only to discover that it was one man with a harp, on a bare stage, reciting a full half of the poem.  In the original Old English!

It could have been dire.  But it was magnificent.  If you ever get a chance to see him, by all means do.


And meanwhile, in the U.K.  . . .

Writer and journalist Molly Flatt blogs about writers' rooms . . . and because a good half of her blog is about Kyle Cassidy, there's a photo of me in my office.

You can find it here.


And on Monday . . .

I'll be announcing my new project.  Be there or be square!

*

No comments: