Monday, September 7, 2015

All About Me! Me! Me!

.



Well, sort of.

That tight little window when appearances and promotions can benefit the sales of a boo is coming to a close.  So there are only three opportunities left for me to heighten awareness of my astonishingly entertaining novel Chasing the Phoenix. But they're choice ones.

Tomorrow!


The New York Review of Science Fiction Readings
Tuesday, Sept. 8th -- doors open 6:30 p.m., readings at 7:00 p.m.
$7 suggested donation


The Brookly Commons Cafe 
388 Atlantic Avenue  


I'll be appearing with new writer, Rajan Khanna.  So you'll have a chance to meet him as well.  Rajan is is an author, blogger, reviewer and narrator whose first novel, Falling Sky, a post-apocalyptic adventure with airships..  Its sequel, Rising Tide, Comes out next month. Meet him now, and you can say you knew him when.


Wednesday!

Geekadelphia Presents: The Future of Philly Sci-Fi and Fantasy at the Free Library
Wednesday, Sept. 9th -- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
free


Philadelphia Free Library Central Branch
1901 Vine Street

This should be a hoot. The lineup includes Gregory Frost, Fran Wilde, Stephanie Feldman, Siobhan Carroll, Jon McGoran, and Rasheedah Phillips and me. This is the first time this group of writers has been assembled, so who knows what we'll say? And who knows if this particular lineup will ever be assembled again? I'm expecting to have a great time.

After the panel, there will be questions and answers, followed by autographings and then schmoozing and conversation. If you go, be sure to say hi.


Two Weeks From Today!

Michael Swanwick at the Penn Bookstore
September 21 at 6:00 p.m.
free
3601 Walnut Street, Philadelphia


Closing out the promotional season, I'll have a reading/appearance at the spacious U of P B&N. I used to work two blocks from the bookstore, did you know that? True fact. I was the church secretary for Tabernacle United Church at 37th and Chestnut before they sold the front of the building to the university's theater department and retreated into a back chapel. I was married there too. So this is kind of a homecoming for me.

And that's all! Be sure to show up for one of these events if you can. I'll do my best to make you feel welcome.


Above: You know what they say about scoundrels and the flag. I haven't done anything yet, but election season is upon us, so I might as well get ahead of the curve. Happy Labor Day! Enjoy your cookout.


*

No comments: